WiSpry Signs Far-Reaching Distribution Agreement with EDOM Technology
WiSpry, Inc., the leader in tunable radio frequency (RF) semiconductor products for the wireless industry, today announced a distribution agreement with EDOM Technology, a leading distributor of electronic components and semiconductors in Asia. EDOM will distribute WiSpry’s RF front-end enhancing system-on-a-chip (SoC) solutions to a wide range of wireless customers, including handset suppliers, Wi-Fi equipment manufacturers and base station providers in Taiwan, Greater China and Southeast Asia.
“WiSpry’s superior RF CMOS MEMS technology alleviates critical front-end related performance issues for today’s immense mobile network demands,” said Wayne Tseng, Chairman and CEO of EDOM. “Our agreement allows us to help our customers deliver on 3G and 4G performance promises and places the fastest possible devices in the hands of more consumers.”
WiSpry-enabled handsets deliver outstanding performance in a small and cost-effective package. Key benefits include:
• Improved RF performance across cellular frequency bands and modes of operation providing fewer dropped calls and more talk time
• Reduced demand on network infrastructure via improved receiver sensitivity
• Reduction in the number of required antennas in multi-band handset platforms
• Multiple-week reduction in RF design cycle time
• Software programmable / dynamically reconfigurable RF devices enabling global coverage with fewer product models
• Sensitivity gains and increased power efficiency, reducing the amount of necessary infrastructure in a given area.
“EDOM has a powerful network of strong customer relationships throughout Asia,” said Jeff Hilbert, CEO of WiSpry. “Our partnership provides significant validation for our technology and allows a larger portion of the global mobile ecosystem to take advantage of next-generation network speed, innovative product design and the resulting opportunities for service creation and overall revenue generation.”