NXP Introduces LDO with Best-in-Class Performance in a Small Wafer-Level Chip-Scale Package
NXP Semiconductors N.V. (NASDAQ: NXPI) today announced the availability of the LD6806CX4 ultra low-dropout voltage regulator (LDO), featuring ultra-low dropout of only 60 mV at a 200-mA current rating. With an ultra-small 0.76 x 0.76 x 0.47mm wafer-level chip-scale package (WLCSP), the LD6806CX4 uses minimal board space, making it ideal for extremely space-constrained designs in mobile handsets, where battery life is also a critical success factor. Batteries in mobile phones discharge almost linearly over time, but the LDO compensates for this effect by providing a constant regulated output voltage. For example, if the battery voltage of a smartphone goes down to 3.0 V, due to the low dropout voltage the LD6806CX4 is still able to support an SD card application with a mandatory and stable supply voltage of 2.9 V. The LD6806CX4 is part of NXP’s new LD6806 family of LDOs, which are available immediately from major distributors. Further information is available at http://www.nxp.com/linear
Key Features of LD6806 Series
(1) NXP’s new LD6806 LDO series features a very low noise performance of only 30 μVRMS, which helps prevent changes in the regulated output voltage and eliminates the need for an external dedicated noise-reducing capacitor.
(2) Battery-powered applications are also supported by the low standby current of 0.1 μA (typ), which reduces power consumption and improves battery efficiency.
(3) The LD6806 series also features outstanding ESD robustness of 10 kV (HBM), thermal shutdown, and a current limiter to protect circuits.
(4) Package options include the LD6806F in a very small DFN1410-6 (SOT886) leadless package with dimensions of only 1.45 x 1.0 x 0.5 mm, or the LD6806TD in a 5-pin SOT753 general-purpose consumer package with standard dimensions of 2.9 x 1.5 x 1.0 mm.
(5) In addition to these package options, the NXP low-dropout voltage regulator product portfolio also includes high PSRR performance LDOs with 75 dB, such as the LD6805K in an ultra-small lead-free QFN package (SOT1194), with dimensions of only 1.0 x 1.0 mm and a height of 0.55 mm (max).