Akustica Leaps into High-Volume Mobile Device Market with New Analog MEMS Mic
- AKU340, the first multi-chip MEMS microphone from Akustica, delivers high performance for smartphones
- Bosch, the world’s leading MEMS sensor supplier, further expands portfolio for consumer electronics applications
Akustica, Inc., inventor of the first single-chip complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) micro-electromechanical systems (MEMS) microphone, today announced the expansion of its microphone product portfolio with the addition of a new analog MEMS microphone.
Designed specifically to meet the requirements of mobile handset manufacturers, the AKU340 is a high-performance analog microphone that utilizes established surface-micromachining MEMS technology developed by Bosch. The AKU340 measures 2.5 x 3.35 x 1.0 mm and offers excellent acoustic performance with 63 dB signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) and superior low frequency recording with a reduction in sensitivity of less than 5 dB at 50 Hz. In addition, with its tight sensitivity matching of just +/-2 dB between microphones, the AKU340 is ideal for use in microphone array applications where more uniform microphones lead to increased performance of noise suppression algorithms.
AKU340 – Facts and Figures
The AKU340 is a high-quality, wideband analog microphone designed for smartphones, tablets and other mobile devices. It features:
- 2.5 x 3.35 x 1.00 mm bottom port design
- High SNR of 63 dB
- Tightly matched sensitivity of -38 dBV/Pa +/- 2 dB for optimal microphone array performance
- Extended flat frequency response down to 50Hz for superior low frequency recording
- Shielded package for radio frequency (RF) and electromagnetic (EM) immunity, which is especially important in GSM applications
AKU340 – Availability
The AKU340 is sampling to lead customers now and will be ramping to mass production in Q3 2012. For ordering or technical information on the AKU340, please visit www.akustica.com or contact: email@example.com.