Personalized workbench app empowers engineers
NXP Semiconductors launches latest mobile app: ‘Tech bench’
Starting today engineers can more easily browse, store and link products to projects using NXP Semiconductors’ N.V. (NASDAQ: NXPI) newest mobile app – ‘Tech bench.’ Tech bench is an intuitive, feature-rich iPAD app allowing engineers to access NXP’s full product portfolio; to collect datasheets, application notes and quality information; and to ‘drag and drop’ product or application data in self-defined project sections. The app allows users to create a personalized workbench to cluster their engineering projects which can then be shared via email or social media channels.
The ‘Tech bench’ app is the latest addition to NXP’s digital marketing ecosystem, designed to bring technical design information to the fingertips of engineers all over the world, 24/7. This new app compliments our popular iPhone®, Android™ and Windows apps for smartphones.
Key features of Tech bench:
· Provides instant access to data on over 10,000 NXP products and applications
· Create personalized project sections and cluster documents within dedicated projects
· Easily drag and drop favorite product or application information into projects
· Share entire projects and details via email or social media channels
· Buy products via NXP’s extensive distribution channel
· “NXP’s mobile apps are an outstanding example of a highly creative use of new technologies to enable open innovation. In our industry it’s critical to stay ahead of the curve, not only with the products we create but in the way we create them,” said Richard Dasher, director of the US-Asia Technology Management Center at Stanford University.
· “The NXP Tech bench iPad app is, to the best of my knowledge, the first to leverage the power and convenience of tablets such as the iPad in a B2B context. The app offers rich possibilities for users in curating products, applications and documents for their projects, with the added convenience of purchase and, more importantly, sharing information through email and social media. To me this is a great and important step in B2B marketing/commerce,” said Baba Shiv, Sanwa Bank Ltd, professor of marketing and director of the Strategic Marketing Management Executive Program at Stanford University.
· "The new NXP Tech bench is a must have app for engineers. I’m into a number of projects myself and for me it’s the perfect solution for the job. Compliments for giving me my favourite tech app,” said Urvish Soni, design engineer at the Indian Space Research Organization.
· “We’re proud to have once again developed and delivered a killer app for the engineer which genuinely helps them to do their job better. Tech bench allows instant access to the technical data our customers need for their design decisions and includes a variety of features that makes it easier than ever to collaborate and share ideas with colleagues and peers. With our popular iPhone, Android and Windows apps for smartphones already setting the gold standard for mobility within the semiconductor industry, NXP is once again making it easy to innovate and design with our products,” said Sander Arts, vice president, marketing and communications at NXP Semiconductors.